The work support team can help you to understand your rights at work.
They can also offer guidance on how to talk to your employer and negotiate adjustments at work.
If you need one-off legal advice they can refer you as well as provide information on sick pay and taking time off.
Our confidential support service is available to anyone who calls the Macmillan Support Line. The members of Work Support Service work Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm.
Talking about cancer can be tough. Our cancer information and support specialists offer a listening ear. We can talk about whatever matters to you. We can also offer guidance and help you find the right information and support in your area.
You can call the Macmillan Support Line for free on 0808 808 00 00, 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Advisers can provide emotional and practical support and information.
As well as emotional support we provide specialist services to help you. Please note the opening times may vary by service.
- Cancer information nurse specialist, 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm. Our experienced cancer nurses can talk you through information about your diagnosis and treatment.
- Welfare rights advice, Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm, Saturday to Sunday, 9am to 5pm. Our welfare rights advisers can tell you about benefits and other financial support.
- Energy advice, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. We have energy advisers who can help you reduce the costs of your heating and electricity.
- Financial guidance, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Our financial guides are experts in helping to reduce the financial impact of cancer.
- Work support service, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Our dedicated work support specialists help you to understand your rights at work.
- Macmillan Grants - we can also give you information about Macmillan Grants.
How we can help
Chat online anonymously to others who understand what you are going through. Our community is available 24/7 and has dedicated forums where you can get advice and ask our experts.