Talking about cancer can be tough. Our cancer information and support specialists offer a listening ear. We can talk about whatever matters to you. We can also offer guidance and help you find the right information and support in your area.
You can call the Macmillan Support Line for free on 0808 808 00 00, 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Advisers can provide emotional and practical support and information.
As well as emotional support we provide specialist services to help you. Please note the opening times may vary by service.
- Cancer information nurse specialist, 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm. Our experienced cancer nurses can talk you through information about your diagnosis and treatment.
- Welfare rights advice, Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm, Saturday to Sunday, 9am to 5pm. Our welfare rights advisers can tell you about benefits and other financial support.
- Energy advice, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. We have energy advisers who can help you reduce the costs of your heating and electricity.
- Financial guidance, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Our financial guides are experts in helping to reduce the financial impact of cancer.
- Work support service, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Our dedicated work support specialists help you to understand your rights at work.
- Macmillan Grants - we can also give you information about Macmillan Grants.
Contact us via online chat or email
Please note that conversations with our Support Line advisers are confidential, but may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
If you are outside the UK
If you're calling from outside of the UK you can contact us on +44 207 091 2230. We are unable to advise on healthcare systems overseas.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing
You can ask for a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter call to be set up if you need further assistance. You can do this by emailing us or chatting with us online to arrange a BSL interpreter call to be set up. Or you can have a hearing family member or friend call the support line on your behalf.
Please note, it can take up to 3 working days to arrange a call. This depends on the availability of BSL interpreters and finding a time that suits you. You will need to have access to a laptop or PC, a good internet connection and a webcam. Call 0808 808 00 00 (8am – 8pm, 7 days a week) to find out more about this service.
For non-BSL users, you can chat online with nurses, welfare rights advisers, financial guides and cancer information specialists everyday, from 8am-8pm.
If you need an interpreter
Keeping people safe
It is important that the people who speak to us, and our colleagues on the Macmillan Support Line, feel safe. We have information about unacceptable behaviour when using the Macmillan Support Line
Calls to Macmillan's Support Line on 0800 808 0000 are free on all UK landlines and UK mobile phones.
Calls may not be free from business accounts. You should check with your provider whether there will be a charge for calling before you make the call.
Please note that calls to these numbers are not free when made from phones based outside the UK. If you're calling from outside of the UK or your mobile is registered outside of the UK, you can contact us on +44 207 091 2230.
We are unable to advise on healthcare and welfare systems overseas.
How we can help
Chat online anonymously to others who understand what you are going through. Our community is available 24/7 and has dedicated forums where you can get advice and ask our experts.