The Macmillan Professionals Conference provides a unique opportunity for Macmillan to reach, inspire and engage Healthcare Professionals at a national level, bringing the community of Macmillan Professionals together to network, learn and share best practice. Delegates from across the UK can build their own agenda of inspiring plenary sessions and workshops, explore a curated exhibition, and engage with posters presented by their peers."It has been the highlight of my year professionally. I felt valued, appreciated, taken care of, listened to. I felt connected to the Macmillan brand and proud to be part of this charity." - Delegate quote
The conference is an opportunity to:
- Network and build relationships with health and social care peers working in cancer care from across the UK.
- Be inspired by each other and our industry expert speakers.
- Share learning, insight and experiences from your local area and hear about best practice.
- Stay up to date with what’s happening in cancer on the national and local scale.
- Gain practical skills and tools to support you in your role.
- Learn about Macmillan’s vision for the future and the role you play in helping us to do whatever it takes for people living with and affected by cancer.
A highlight of the event is the Macmillan Professionals Excellence Awards ceremony, where the winners of our prestigious awards are announced.
Thank you to all delegates who joined us in Glasgow this year on 9 – 10 November.
The next Macmillan Professionals Conference is due to take place at the ICC Wales on Thursday 7 – Friday 8 November 2024.
Delegate places are free of charge and open to Macmillan Professionals only. A registration link will be shared in early September via the Mac Mail e-newsletter - ensure you are subscribed to receive the latest updates.
In November 2022, over 500 Macmillan Professionals from across the UK joined together in-person and online.
The two-day hybrid event featured more than 50 speakers delivering keynote and workshop sessions, a poster exhibit showcasing a range of work from professionals across the UK, and the Macmillan Professionals Excellence Awards ceremony, where stories of the incredible work of the award finalists and winners were shared.
Session recordings, posters and photos from the 2022 conference are available to view on Macmillan’s Learning Hub.
Watch a highlights video from the event:
For your patients
Our specialist advisers can give advice and support to your patients. Encourage them to call us on 0808 808 00 00 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm).
It’s quick and easy to order free booklets to give to your patients, their families and carers. Topics include cancer types, treatment, and emotional support.