Macmillan's priority is the health and well-being of people living with cancer, our staff and volunteers. We are pleased to be working in partnership with Boots, to support people living with cancer in the best way possible during this difficult time.
Can I still get support in-store?
Boots is focused on providing essential pharmacy and healthcare services in stores. However, there are changes to some face-to-face services.
- Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacists
Our amazing Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacists are still in-store to offer advice and support for people living with cancer. They can provide you with prescriptions, answer questions and concerns about medication, or direct you to information and support.
- Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisors
Due to Covid-19, Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisors won't be in store to offer help and advice, but you can still get help virtually. We've partnered with No7 to create make-up and skincare video tutorials. You can also book a virtual beauty consultation below.
Virtual Beauty Service
No7 has launched a Virtual Beauty Service, to help you feel more like you again. You can book a 15-20 minute telephone or video appointment with a Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisor, who can provide make-up and skincare advice to help you manage the side visible effects of cancer treatment.
Free prescription deliveries
If you’re shielding or self-isolating, Boots’ online prescription delivery service offers free deliveries to your front door. We’ve worked with Boots to waive offline prescription delivery charges for people living with cancer during this difficult time. If you are unable to access the online prescription delivery service, or won't be able to visit a store, please contact your local Boots store team to arrange a free delivery. You can also consider asking a friend, family member or local volunteer to collect your prescription for you.
Whether you need help defining sparse brows and lashes, caring for nails that are suddenly more brittle, or minimising dark circles around the eyes, Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisors can help you feel more like yourself again. They can also show you how to use products to manage skin changes and enhance any facial features.
We currently have over 1,000 Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisors in Boots stores across the UK. They are No7 Advisors who have been specially trained to:
- help people living with cancer to manage the visible side effects of their treatment
- listen to any worries and concerns about cancer and its treatment
- guide you to sources of information and support, or connect you to local Macmillan services.
To find your nearest Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisor:
- visit boots.com
- enter your postcode, town or store name
- click on the 'Find' button
- click on ‘Filter by store services’ and tick the ‘Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisor’ box. This is listed under ‘Main Store Services’
- your nearest stores with Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisors will be displayed on a map.
When you get to the store, visit the No7 counter. If you are unsure where it is, ask a staff member to direct you. You can also look for staff wearing Macmillan pin badges.
You can visit a store to speak with a Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisor at any time. You don't need an appointment. However, you can book an appointment at selected larger stores if you would like to.
If you would rather speak in private, they can take you to a private area or a consultation room (if one is available). If you do not feel comfortable asking for a Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisor, you can find our leaflets in-store, often at the counter. These may help to answer your questions.
If a Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisor is not available in your area, you can still get support locally.
We also have further information about:
- Changes to your eyelashes and eyebrows during treatment - including a makeup tutorial video
- Skin and nail changes and tips about managing them
- Managing your feelings about changes to your appearance
Related Stories & Media