Boots Macmillan information pharmacists
We have over 3,500 Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacists in Boots stores around the UK. They are pharmacists who have been specially trained to:
- understand the different types of cancer and treatment
- answer your questions about medication
- listen to your concerns and provide emotional support
- guide you to other sources of information and support
- connect you to Macmillan services in your local area.
Palliative Care Service
Boots have also worked with Macmillan and the NHS to launch a Palliative Care Service in its pharmacies. As part of this service, Boots has committed to maintaining a stock of recommended medicines used by terminally patients in over 2,000 of its pharmacies. Download the list of participating pharmacies.
You can check live stock availability for prescriptions and medications. All pharmacists should have these drugs in stock, as long as there are no issues with supply. Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacists have received additional training to accompany the launch of this service.
To find your nearest Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacist:
- visit boots.com/storelocator
- enter your postcode, town or store name
- click on the ‘Find’ button
- click on ‘Filter by store services’ and tick the ‘Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacist’ box. This is listed under ‘Pharmacy Services’
- your nearest stores with Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacists will be displayed on a map.
When you get to the store, visit the pharmacy counter. If you are unsure where it is, ask a staff member to direct you. You can also look out for staff wearing Macmillan pin badges.
You do not need to book an appointment. You can visit a store to speak with a Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacist at any time.
If you would rather speak in private, they can take you to a private area or a consultation room (if one is available). All discussions are confidential and there is no question too big or small.
If you do not feel comfortable asking for a Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacist, you can find our leaflets in-store. They are often at the pharmacy counter, and may help to answer your questions.
If a Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacist is not available in your area, you can still get support locally.
To find out more about cancer services in your area, ask your Cancer Nurse Specialist or oncology team.
Booklets and resources
How we can help
Chat online anonymously to others who understand what you are going through. Our community is available 24/7 and has dedicated forums where you can get advice and ask our experts.