Signs and symptoms of tongue cancer
- a spot or ulcer on the tongue that does not heal
- a red or white patch on the tongue that does not go away
- unexplained bleeding from the tongue
- pain or difficulty when moving the jaw or tongue
- pain or difficulty when swallowing
- a feeling of a foreign body or pain towards the back of the mouth or throat
- a lump in the neck which has been there for more than three weeks.
These symptoms can be caused by conditions other than cancer. But it is important to have them checked by your doctor or dentist.
Tongue cancer can be treated more successfully when it is diagnosed early. We have more information about treatment for tongue cancer.