Our Cancer information nurse specialists are dedicated cancer nurses available to talk to on our Macmillan Cancer Support Line.
Cancer information nurse specialists are experienced cancer nurses who give advice and support to people living with cancer.
Our Cancer information nurse specialists can talk you through information about your diagnosis and treatment. They will help you understand what to expect from your diagnosis and share key information to help you manage symptoms and side effects.
They offer personalised support and answer any questions you might have about things including:
- your cancer diagnosis and treatment
- tests and monitoring
- cancer risks, causes and prevention
- symptoms of cancer
- side effects
- what you might expect at end of life
- prognosis for your cancer type
- coping with grief.
A Cancer information nurse specialist is different to a Macmillan nurse. We have information about how a Macmillan nurse can help you.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
We are doing everything we can to make sure our support line continues to be available for much needed clinical, financial and emotional support during this difficult time. However, we have had to take the difficult decision to reduce some of our operating hours.
Our online community continues to provide invaluable emotional and peer support and here are some links to information on our website that you may find useful:
- Cancer and coronavirus - The One Cancer Voice group of charities has developed some frequently answered questions about the coronavirus.
- Cancer types A-Z - Find out about the different types of cancer, including risk factors, symptoms, tests and treatment.
- Diagnosis - We have information about the different tests and scans that you might have if you’re worried about cancer. We also have help, practical advice and information to help you understand your diagnosis.
You can talk to a Cancer information nurse specialist by calling the Macmillan Support Line.
You can call the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00.
Opening hours 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm.
Other ways to get in touch
Please note that conversations with our Support Line advisers are confidential, but may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Outside the UK
If you're calling from outside of the UK you can contact us on +44 207 091 2230. We are unable to advise on healthcare systems overseas.