The work support team can help you to understand your rights at work.
They can also offer guidance on how to talk to your employer and negotiate adjustments at work.
If you need one-off legal advice they can refer you as well as provide information on sick pay and taking time off.
Coronavirus update (COVID-19)
We are doing everything we can to make sure our support line continues to be available for much needed clinical, financial and emotional support during this difficult time. However, we have had to take the difficult decision to reduce some of our operating hours.
Our online community continues to provide invaluable emotional and peer support and here are some links to information on our website that you may find useful:
- Cancer and coronavirus - The One Cancer Voice group of charities has developed some frequently answered questions about the coronavirus.
- Help with work - If you have or have had cancer, you are protected by law from unfair treatment. We have information about your rights and advice to help you talk to your employer.
- Cancer types A-Z - Find out about the different types of cancer, including risk factors, symptoms, tests and treatment.
Our confidential support service is available to anyone who calls the Macmillan Support Line. The members of Work Support Service work Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm.
You can call the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00.
- Emotional and practical information: 7 days a week, 8am-8pm
- Clinical information: 7 days a week, 8am-8pm
- Financial guidance: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm
- Welfare rights: Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm, Saturday-Sunday, 9am-5pm
- Energy advice: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm
- Work support team: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm
Other ways to get in touch
Please note that conversations with our Support Line advisers are confidential, but may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Outside the UK
If you're calling from outside of the UK you can contact us on +44 207 091 2230. We are unable to advise on healthcare systems overseas.