People living with cancer often find that they are spending more money to keep warm. This could be because they are spending more time at home or feeling colder because of treatment.
If you have difficulty paying your energy bills, whether they are gas, electricity or water bills, we are here to support you. We can:
- help you get access to schemes
- tell you which charity grants are available and how to apply
- advise you on boiler schemes
- help you deal with water companies.
Coronavirus (COV1D-19) update
We are doing everything we can to make sure our support line continues to be available for much needed clinical, financial and emotional support during this difficult time. However, we have had to take the difficult decision to reduce some of our operating hours.
Our online community continues to provide invaluable emotional and peer support and here are some links to information on our website that you may find useful:
Macmillan Support Line
You can make a phone appointment with an energy advisor by contacting the Macmillan Support Line.
You can call the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00.
- Emotional and practical information: 7 days a week, 8am-8pm
- Clinical information: 7 days a week, 8am-8pm
- Financial guidance: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm
- Welfare rights: Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm, Saturday-Sunday, 9am-5pm
- Energy advice: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm
- Work support team: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm
Other ways to get in touch
Please note that conversations with our Support Line advisers are confidential, but may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Outside the UK
If you're calling from outside of the UK you can contact us on +44 207 091 2230. We are unable to advise on healthcare systems overseas.
Deaf or hard of hearing
We also have a range of information online including:
- our budgeting tool
- further information on managing money when you have cancer
- help with bills and housing costs.
There is also our online community where people living with or affected by cancer discuss a range of issues. There is a practical matters group where you can post your question anonymously. We recommend combining this with a call to our advisors.
We have information to help you cut down your energy bills and keep warm in winter. We also have tips to help you save money by being more energy efficient. We'll do everything in our power to help.
Related Stories & Media