Macmillan Support Line
You can call the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00.
Emotional and practical information
7 days a week, 8am-8pm
7 days a week, 8am-8pm
Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm, Saturday-Sunday, 9am-5pm
Work support team
Other ways to get in touch
Please note that conversations with our Support Line advisers are confidential, but may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Outside the UK
If you're calling from outside of the UK you can contact us on +44 207 091 2230. We are unable to advise on healthcare systems overseas.
Deaf or hard of hearing
Talking about cancer can be tough. Our cancer information and support specialists offer a listening ear. We can talk about whatever matters to you. We can also offer guidance and help you find the right information and support in your area.
If you need to talk, we’ll listen.
In this video: Maria, a Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Officer, discusses the type of support the Macmillan Support Line can offer.
"Sometimes you can relate to someone better when you talk to a stranger over the phone than you can to your loved ones. I called the Macmillan helpline. You could pick up a phone from the comfort of your home and speak to someone." Ravinder, diagnosed with breast cancer 2013.
As well as emotional support we provide specialist services to help you. Please note the opening times may vary by service.
- Welfare rights advice - our welfare rights advisers can tell you about benefits and other financial support.
- Energy advice - we have energy advisers who can help you reduce the costs of your heating and electricity.
- Financial guidance - our financial guides are experts in helping to reduce the financial impact of cancer.
- Cancer information nurse specialist - our experienced cancer nurses can talk you through information about your diagnosis and treatment.
- Work support service - our dedicated work support specialists help you to understand your rights at work.
- Macmillan Grants - we can also give you information about Macmillan Grants.
Our trained cancer information advisors provide a listening ear and point you in the right direction, so you can seek further support.
Calls to Macmillan's Support Line on 0808 808 00 00 are free on all mobile networks. Calls are also free of charge from all consumer landlines and mobile phones.
If you are calling from a business phone, you should check with your provider whether there will be a charge for calling numbers starting with 0800 or 0808.
Please note that calls to these numbers are not free when made from outside the UK. If you're calling from outside of the UK you can contact us on +44 207 091 2230. We are unable to advise on healthcare systems overseas.