Talking about cancer can be tough. Our cancer information and support specialists offer a listening ear. We can talk about whatever matters to you. We can also offer guidance and help you find the right information and support in your area.
If you need to talk, we’ll listen.
In this video: Maria, a Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Officer, discusses the type of support the Macmillan Support Line can offer by phone, chat and email.
As well as emotional support we provide specialist services to help you.
Our chat service is open 8am to 8pm seven days a week. Please note the opening times may vary by service.
Normally you will receive a response in under ten minutes.
- Welfare rights advice - our welfare rights advisers can tell you about benefits and other financial support.
- Energy advice - we have energy advisers who can help you reduce the costs of your heating and electricity.
- Financial guidance - our financial guides are experts in helping to reduce the financial impact of cancer. (8am - 6pm Mon-Fri)
- Cancer information nurse specialist - our experienced cancer nurses can talk you through information about your diagnosis and treatment.
- Work support service - our dedicated work support specialists help you to understand your rights at work.
- Macmillan Grants - we can also give you information about Macmillan Grants.
Our trained cancer information advisors provide a listening ear and point you in the right direction, so you can seek further support.