Multidisciplinary team (MDT) for lymphoma
The multidisciplinary team (MDT) will look at national treatment guidelines or the latest evidence for the type of lymphoma you have. If you have any treatment preferences, your doctor will tell them about this.
The MDT for lymphoma will usually include the following professionals:
- Oncologist – a doctor who treats people who have cancer.
- Haematologist – a doctor who diagnoses and treats blood disorders and cancers.
- Radiologist – a doctor who looks at scans and x-rays to diagnose problems.
- Clinical nurse specialist (CNS) – a nurse who gives you lymphoma information and supports you during treatment.
- Pathologist – a doctor who looks at cells or body tissue under a microscope to diagnose cancer.
It may also include other specialists, such as a pharmacist, dietitian, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, psychologist or counsellor.