Signs and symptoms of kidney cancer
When kidney cancer does cause symptoms, the most common symptom is blood in the pee (urine). Other symptoms may include:
- a dull pain in your side, between the top of the tummy (upper abdomen) and back
- a high temperature (fever) or night sweats
- feeling very tired (fatigue)
- weight loss for no obvious reason
- loss of appetite
- a lump in your side or back.
Most people with these symptoms do not have kidney cancer. These symptoms can be caused by more common conditions. But if you have any symptoms, it is important to get them checked by your doctor.
We understand that showing any symptoms of what could be cancer is worrying. The most important thing is to speak to your GP as soon as possible. We are also here if you need someone to talk to. You can:
How we can help
Chat online anonymously to others who understand what you are going through. Our community is available 24/7 and has dedicated forums where you can get advice and ask our experts.