Signs and symptoms of kidney cancer
Small kidney cancers do not usually cause symptoms. They are often diagnosed by chance. For example, when people are having tests or scans for some other reason.
When kidney cancer does cause symptoms these may include:
- blood in your urine (this is the most common symptom)
- a dull pain in your side between your upper abdomen and back
- a high temperature, night sweats and feeling very tired
- losing weight for no obvious reason
- a lump in the tummy area, side or back.
Most people with these symptoms will not have kidney cancer. They can be caused by more common conditions. But, if you have any symptoms, it is important to get them checked by your doctor.