Cancer Information Nurse Specialist
Our Cancer information nurse specialists are dedicated cancer nurses available to talk to on our Macmillan Cancer Support Line.
Cancer information nurse specialists are experienced cancer nurses who give advice and support to people living with cancer.
Our Cancer information nurse specialists can talk you through information about your diagnosis and treatment. They will help you understand what to expect from your diagnosis and share key information to help you manage symptoms and side effects.
They offer personalised support and answer any questions you might have about things including:
- your cancer diagnosis and treatment
- tests and monitoring
- cancer risks, causes and prevention
- symptoms of cancer
- side effects
- what you might expect at end of life
- prognosis for your cancer type
- coping with grief.
A Cancer information nurse specialist is different to a Macmillan nurse. We have information about how a Macmillan nurse can help you.
You can talk to a Cancer information nurse specialist by calling the Macmillan Support Line.
Talking about cancer can be tough. Our cancer information and support specialists offer a listening ear. We can talk about whatever matters to you. We can also offer guidance and help you find the right information and support in your area.
You can call the Macmillan Support Line for free on 0808 808 00 00, 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Advisers can provide emotional and practical support and information.
As well as emotional support we provide specialist services to help you. Please note the opening times may vary by service.
- Cancer information nurse specialist, 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm. Our experienced cancer nurses can talk you through information about your diagnosis and treatment.
- Welfare rights advice, Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm, Saturday to Sunday, 9am to 5pm. Our welfare rights advisers can tell you about benefits and other financial support.
- Energy advice, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. We have energy advisers who can help you reduce the costs of your heating and electricity.
- Financial guidance, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Our financial guides are experts in helping to reduce the financial impact of cancer.
- Work support service, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Our dedicated work support specialists help you to understand your rights at work.
- Macmillan Grants - we can also give you information about Macmillan Grants.
How we can help
Chat online anonymously to others who understand what you are going through. Our community is available 24/7 and has dedicated forums where you can get advice and ask our experts.