Planning for your trip checklist
You can use a checklist to make sure you are prepared before your trip.
Your travel checklist
For all travellers
- Have you spoken to your doctor or specialist nurse?
- Are you fit to travel safely?
- Will you need a travel companion or helper to go with you?
- Will you need any special equipment?
- Have you let the travel company and your accommodation know about any particular needs?
- Do you need any particular vaccinations for your destination?
- Have you got enough medicines or medical supplies for the whole time you will be away? Remember to take extra supplies, in case your return is delayed.
- Do you have your passport and another form of proof that you are a UK resident, such as a driver’s licence?
- Do you have your travel insurance policy and certificate?
- Have you packed all your medical supplies or equipment in your hand luggage, so you can have easy access to them?
If you are travelling to a European Economic Area country or to Switzerland
- Do you have your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)?
If you are travelling with medicines for more than 3 months
- Do you need or have a personal medicines licence?
If you have severe mobility problems
- Do you have your Blue Badge, if you think you will need it?
If you have a stoma
- Does your accommodation have a private bathroom, including facilities to dispose of appliances, if you think you will need this?
We have more information about how cancer and its treatment can affect travel.