In 2017 alone:
- Macmillan nurses offered one-to-one support to 658,000 people living with cancer, helping to ensure all their needs were met, not just their clinical ones.
- Macmillan allied healthcare professionals (including physiotherapists, dietitians, pharmacists and occupational therapists) supported 207,000 people.
- Our local benefits advice services helped over 136,000 people across the UK secure over £211.4 million in benefits they were entitled to but not claiming.
- Macmillan information and support services helped over 304,000 people.
- Our mobile information and support services reached over 181,00 people, visiting high streets, communities and events across the UK.
Those are just some of the reasons we’re thanking all the professionals who work with people affected by cancer, and why we’ll continue to support them.Close