Benefits and other financial support

If you are unable to work or on a low income

There are different types of financial help available to adults under 65 years old.

  • Support from your work

    You may be able to get financial help from the government if you are unable to work because of cancer.

  • Employment and Support Allowance

    Employment and Support Allowance is a benefit for people under retirement age who cannot work because of illness or disability.

  • Universal Credit

    Universal Credit is a payment for people who are on a low income or out of for work.

  • Income Support

    Income Support is a benefit that helps people on a low income pay basic living costs.

  • Working Tax Credit

    Working Tax Credit (WTC) is for people aged from 16 to retirement age who work but have a low income or disability.

  • Jobseeker’s Allowance

    Jobseeker’s Allowance can give you a weekly income if you are unemployed and looking for work.