Help us to know more about how the new benefit Universal Credit is working.Claiming Universal Credit? Take our survey
- Universal Credit is replacing means tested benefits for people of working age. And it's currently being rolled out across the UK.
- Macmillan benefit advisors have identified a number of problems with the new benefit for people affected by cancer.
Some of these issues are:
- People having difficulty making their claims - for example, because of problems accessing the internet.
- People being asked to attend their local Jobcentre whilst undergoing treatment. This could be to provide identification documents or to talk to a work coach.
- Delays in people being referred for their work capability assessment, or being asked to look for jobs whilst receiving treatment.
If you have experienced any of these problems, others not mentioned, or had no issues at all, please let us know.Close