Date published: December 2018
In 2017, Macmillan commissioned an Allied Health Professional (AHP) workforce survey to better understand the role of AHPs in supporting people living with cancer.
The survey is the first UK-wide AHP workforce survey, and focuses on the four allied health professions. This includes dietitians, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and speech and language therapists.
The Allied health professional workforce report [PDF] and its findings can be used alongside existing evidence to improve workforce planning.
The new report includes information about:
- the age, location and pay grades of respondents
- the types of organisations in which AHPs are employed
- the settings in which AHPs see patients
- how AHPs support people living with cancer and the interventions they provided
- learning and development from the allied health professions we surveyed
- perceptions of AHPs’ workload.
Download the Allied health professional workforce report [PDF]Close