In 2016, players across the country raised an amazing £37,000 for Macmillan, helping fund services like our nurses, benefits advisers and support line.
And we'd love for you to get involved so we can be there every step of the way for even more people facing the toughest fight of their lives.
Taking part is easy - just play your monthly medal or Stableford or Stroke Play round and donate your entry fees. Once you've played, simply fill in the results form provided, post it with your donation and we’ll send you a silver spoon for the winner. Your scores will also be entered into a national competition and trophies will be awarded for different categories.
Get your scorecard to us before 31st October 2017 to be in the running!
We will send out a silver spoon to present to your competition winner once we have received your donation and score card. Please note that it can take us up to two weeks to receive and process your payment. If you are concerned that you still have not received your spoon in this time period, please do drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0844 375 1464.Close
If you’d like to raise even more money for people living with cancer, add a fun fundraising element to your day.
Hold a nearest the pin or longest drive competition and ask each player to pay £1 to enter.
How about a putting competition for the same fee? The person with the lowest number of putts in their round wins half the pot. And the rest? Donate it to Macmillan.
Hold a dinner or quiz night at your club. Add to the evening's entertainment by holding a raffle or an auction - just ask local businesses to donate prizes.
Ask you members whether their employers will match the amount they raise in the competition. Some companies offer matched-giving schemes. Please contact email@example.com for more information.Close
1. Encourage as many members as possible to take part. It’s a chance to get the Ladies’ and Men’s sections of your club involved.
2. Choose any day up to 31 October 2017 as your competition day and put up a poster on your club noticeboard so everyone knows about it. Why not make it a special competition day?
3. Register to take part now.
4. Decide on an entry fee for the competition - this money can form the basis of the donation to Macmillan.
5. Now all you have to do is play. Remember to keep your results card in a safe place so you can fill in the results after everyone’s played.
6. Send in your club’s donation and as soon as we’ve received it, we’ll send a silver spoon which can be awarded to your competition winner.
Find out all the essential rules for running your Silverspoons competition.
1. Your club can play any day of your choice up to 31 October 2017. Any members who can’t play on the competition day may play another date and have their scores counted.
2. The competition should be played over 18 holes in Stableford or Stroke Play format with a full handicap allowance. It can be combined with any medal, Stableford or Stroke Play round.
3. Entry fees, decided by your club, are to be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support. All donations will be gratefully received and acknowledged.
4. Please mark the results clearly on the results card and send to us by 30 November 2017.
5. The Men’s and Ladies’ competitions should run separately. The clubs who return the best eight scores against par in each category will win the challenge trophy. This event is an individual men's and ladies' competition.
In 2016 golf clubs taking part raised
helping fund services like our nurses, benefits advisers and support line.
Get your plans rolling. We've got advice, support, materials and fundraisers who'd love to help you create a great event.
If you've decided to take on a different challenge for Macmillan, we'd still love you on the Team.
Have a look through the latest news, tips, advice and support from our fundraising team. Whether you're cycling, swimming, running of trekking, we've got some top tips for you.
We've got the answers to some of the most common questions about fundraising.
© Macmillan Cancer Support, registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907) and the Isle of Man (604). A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales company number 2400969. Isle of Man company number 4694F. Registered office: 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ.
We make every effort to ensure that the information we provide is accurate and up-to-date but it should not be relied upon as a substitute for specialist professional advice tailored to your situation. So far as is permitted by law, Macmillan does not accept liability in relation to the use of any information contained in this publication or third party information or websites included or referred to in it.