Macmillan's priority is the health and well-being of people living with cancer, our staff and volunteers. We are pleased to be working in partnership with Boots, to support people living with cancer in the best way possible during this difficult time.
Can I still get support in-store?
Boots is focused on providing essential pharmacy and healthcare services in stores. However, there are changes to some face-to-face services.
- Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacists
Our amazing Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacists are still in-store to offer advice and support for people living with cancer. They can provide you with prescriptions, answer questions and concerns about medication, or direct you to information and support.
- Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisors
Due to Covid-19, Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisors won't be in store to offer help and advice, but you can still get help virtually. We've partnered with No7 to create make-up and skincare video tutorials. You can also book a virtual beauty consultation below.
Virtual Beauty Service
No7 has launched a Virtual Beauty Service, to help you feel more like you again. You can book a 15-20 minute telephone or video appointment with a Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisor, who can provide make-up and skincare advice to help you manage the side visible effects of cancer treatment.
Free prescription deliveries
If you’re shielding or self-isolating, Boots’ online prescription delivery service offers free deliveries to your front door. We’ve worked with Boots to waive offline prescription delivery charges for people living with cancer during this difficult time. If you are unable to access the online prescription delivery service, or won't be able to visit a store, please contact your local Boots store team to arrange a free delivery. You can also consider asking a friend, family member or local volunteer to collect your prescription for you.
We have over 2,200 Boots Macmillan information pharmacists in Boots stores around the UK. They are pharmacists who have been specially trained to:
- understand the different types of cancer and treatment
- answer your questions about medication
- listen to your concerns and provide emotional support
- guide you to other sources of information and support
- connect you to Macmillan services in your local area.
To find your nearest Boots Macmillan information pharmacist:
- visit boots.com/storelocator
- enter your postcode, town or store name
- click on the ‘Find’ button
- click on ‘Filter by store services’ and tick the ‘Boots Macmillan information pharmacist’ box. This is listed under ‘Pharmacy services’
- your nearest stores with Boots Macmillan information pharmacists will be displayed on a map.
When you get to the store, visit the pharmacy counter. If you are unsure where it is, ask a staff member to direct you. You can also look out for staff wearing Macmillan pin badges.
You do not need to book an appointment. You can visit a store to speak with a Boots Macmillan information pharmacist at any time.
If you would rather speak in private, they can take you to a private area or a consultation room (if one is available). All discussions are confidential and there is no question too big or small.
If you do not feel comfortable asking for a Boots Macmillan information pharmacist, you can find our leaflets in-store. They are often at the pharmacy counter, and may help to answer your questions.
If there are no Boots Macmillan information pharmacists available in your area, there is still support available locally.
To find out more about cancer services in your area:
- ask your cancer nurse or oncology team
- visit our In Your Area directory
- call the Macmillan Support Line.
Related Stories & Media