We have over 2,200 Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacists in Boots stores around the UK. They are pharmacists who have been specially trained to:
- understand the different types of cancer and treatment
- answer your questions about medication
- listen to your concerns and provide emotional support
- guide you to sources of information and support, and connect you to Macmillan services in your local area.
To find your nearest Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacist:
- Visit boots.com/storelocator
- Enter your postcode, town or store name
- Click on the ‘Find’ button
- Click on ‘Filter by store services’ and tick the ‘Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacist’ box. This is listed under ‘Pharmacy services’
- Your nearest stores with Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacists will be displayed on a map.
When you get to the store, visit the pharmacy counter. If you are unsure where it is, ask a staff member to direct you. You can also look out for staff wearing Macmillan pin badges.
You do not need to book an appointment. You can visit a store to speak with a Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacist at any time.
If you would rather speak in private, they can take you to a private area or a consultation room (if one is available). All discussions are confidential and there is no question too big or small.
If you do not feel comfortable asking for a Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacist, you can find our leaflets in-store (often at the pharmacy counter), which may help to answer your questions.
If a Boots Macmillan Information Pharmacist is not available in your area, you can still get support locally.
To find out more about cancer services in your area, ask your Cancer Nurse Specialist or oncology team.
Related Stories & Media