Macmillan Support Line 0808 808 00 00
Open every day, 8am – 8pm
If you're calling from outside of the UK you can contact us on +44 207 091 2230. We are unable to advise on healthcare systems overseas.
Please note that conversations with our Support Line advisers are confidential, but may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
If you are worried about money, work or treatment, or you just want to speak about whatever matters to you, we’ll listen and support. We can offer guidance and help you find the right information and support in your area.
Talking about cancer can be tough. Our cancer support specialists offer a listening ear and are ready to talk about whatever matters to you. Providing expert cancer information to help you find your best way through.
If you need to talk, we’ll listen.
"Sometimes you can relate to someone better when you talk to a stranger over the phone than you can to your loved ones. I called the Macmillan helpline. You could pick up a phone from the comfort of your home and speak to someone." Ravinder, diagnosed with breast cancer 2013.
As well as emotional support we provide specialist services to help you:
- Our trained cancer information advisors provide a listening ear and point you in the right direction, so you can seek further support.
- Our welfare rights advisers can tell you about benefits and other financial support.
- We have energy advisers who can help you reduce the costs of your heating and electricity.
- Financial guides are experts in helping to reduce the financial impact of cancer.
- We offer specialist clinical cancer advice through our specialist nurse team.
- Dedicated work support specialists helping you to understand your rights at work.
- We can also give you information about Macmillan Grants.
Calls to Macmillan's Support Line on 0808 808 00 00 are free on all mobile networks. Calls are also free of charge from all consumer landlines and mobile phones.
If you are calling from a business phone, you should check with your provider whether there will be a charge for calling numbers starting with 0800 or 0808.
Please note that calls to these numbers are not free when made from outside the UK. If you're calling from outside of the UK you can contact us on +44 207 091 2230. We are unable to advise on healthcare systems overseas.