Our 2023 plan
Our plan for this year focuses on the areas where we can make the biggest difference to the 3 million people living with cancer in the UK today. Our 2023 priorities to improve our services and support are detailed below:
- Help more people with the cost of living crisis. By investing more money into grants and welfare advice so people get the financial help they desperately need. We’ll also work with partners in energy and banking across the UK to drive industry-wide change.
- Make our services more inclusive. By increasing our cancer champions in local communities, volunteers offering tailored help and guidance to people furthest from accessing cancer support and information. We will also form a national partnerships to offer grants to grassroots organisations working with under-represented communities.
- Work closely with our 11,000 Macmillan professionals. By supporting their development and making sure they have the right tools, skills, support and resources to deliver excellent personalised care experiences for people living with cancer.
- Transform our cancer information services. By increasing their reach and improving the experience for people with cancer accessing these services.
- Work with partners to deliver joined up health and care services. By improving the Cancer Journey is a successful service in Scotland that gives people diagnosed with cancer access to a dedicated support worker who can connect them to emotional, practical and financial support that’s right for them. This year we will pilot the model in England.
We want everyone to know they can turn to Macmillan and how we can help them from the moment they are diagnosed.
We want everyone to have a conversation about all their needs and concerns, and get the support that's right for them.
We want everyone to have their vital needs met by high quality services.
We want to inspire more people to give to Macmillan so we can continue to be there for people when they need us most.
We want to improve the key processes which support Macmillan to do its work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
We will reflect and represent the communities we serve in everything we do to support everyone living with cancer.
Behind every number and statistic there is a person whose story matters. Here are just a few examples of how your support helps us to be there for people living with cancer.