Why volunteer with Macmillan?
The support provided by Macmillan volunteers helps us to be there for people with cancer, in their community, from the moment of diagnosis and for however long they need us.
Make a real impact in your community
With 3 million people in the UK now living with cancer, Macmillan's role has never been more crucial. The support provided by Macmillan volunteers is integral to helping us to be there for people with cancer, in their community, from the moment of diagnosis and for however long they need us.
We offer a broad range of roles, enabling you to take control of your volunteering and fit it around your life. So, whether you want to give a few hours at a one-off fundraising collection or you want to take on an ongoing weekly commitment, we’ve got you covered. If you want to volunteer in your local community, we have a choice of roles. You’d rather volunteer from home? There are plenty of ways you can do that too.
As a Macmillan Volunteer you will:
- make a meaningful difference to people affected by cancer in your community
- build on your existing and learn new skills
- receive our Volunteering Handbook, including any necessary training for your role and access to ongoing development
- have the opportunity to get involved in shaping and improving the volunteer experience at Macmillan
- connect with like-minded volunteers and become part of the Macmillan team
- have a great experience whilst doing so.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Our vision is to develop a diverse and inclusive volunteering culture that empowers and enables all people to be their best when giving time, energy and experience.
We are interested in learning about how we can be more inclusive. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please email us at VolunteerVoiceNetwork@macmillan.org.uk