- We have the latest guidance for cancer and coronavirus available for people living with cancer, Macmillan supporters and our volunteers.
- Our Online Community continues to provide invaluable emotional and peer support.
- You can sign up for a Telephone Buddy for friendly conversation.
- We have information if you are supporting someone with cancer.
- Have you been diagnosed with cancer? Sign up for email support after a cancer diagnosis.
- The Macmillan Support Line is open 7 days a week, 8am-8pm on 0808 808 00 00.
Download our guide to help you take action if you think you are not receiving the right care:
We know that there are millions of people living with cancer who still need the right care, treatment and support right now. We also know that the third wave of this pandemic is very sadly causing more disruption to people’s cancer care.
The Government published a recovery plan for cancer services at the end of last year which runs up to the end of March 2021, but that was before anyone knew the impact this third wave would have on services.
The Government must ensure cancer is a priority throughout this third wave. We need urgent action and commitments to:
- tackle the backlog, and to guarantee the NHS the resources it needs to meet increased demand
- ensure access to all and any independent sector capacity
- make sure every person diagnosed with cancer has the fully personalised care they need
- publish a long term plan showing how cancer treatment will return as soon as possible.