After assessing your financial situation, it should be easier to plan your budget.
This means planning your income and spending, and working out what your spending priorities are. You could use our online budgeting tool.
Thinking about the questions below will help you work out how much money you’ll have in the coming months:
- What is your monthly income at the moment?
- What will your monthly income be if you’re unable to work?
- Remember to include any payments you would get from sick pay or from working reduced hours.
- What are your usual expenses?
- How will your expenses increase? You should think about the extra cancer-related costs like travel and heating costs.