Benefits and other financial support

Help with bills and housing costs

You may be able to get help with housing costs. This could include rent or mortgage payments, council tax and home adaptations.

  • Help with housing costs

    Housing Benefit may help you pay for rented accommodation if you are on a low income.

  • Council Tax Reduction

    Council Tax Support can help people in England, Scotland and Wales who are struggling to pay their council tax.

  • Adapting your home and nursing care

    You can get help to adapt your home or get special equipment to help you manage around the house.

  • Keeping warm

    There are simple changes you can make around the house to help keep your energy costs down.

  • Help with energy bills

    There are schemes to help you manage the cost of fuel bills and to make energy-saving changes to your home.