Risk assessment outcomes
- 32% of these patients were assessed as general population risk (range 17-47% within individual pilots)
- 39% of these patients were assessed as moderate risk (range 13-44% within individual pilots)
- 29% of these patients were assessed as high risk, including some referred onward for specialist genetics assessment (range 11-60% within individual pilots.)
The pilots provided seamless, effective and user-friendly care. They also enabled resources to be used effectively:
- Patients were enrolled in clinical surveillance only after robust risk assessment
- Referral to specialist genetics services was reserved for high-risk patients, making best use of scarce specialist resources.