There are lots of ways you can find out about activities in your area:
- Contact your local council. See their website or call them to find out what activities are provided in their parks and leisure centres.
- Ask your GP if they can refer you to any specialist service like exercise on referral, falls prevention (if you’re worried about falling) or physiotherapy (if you’ve had surgery, for example).
- Search online – there’s a list of useful search tools below.
- Contact the national governing body for an activity you’re interested in. For example, if you’re interested in outdoor bowls, you could contact Bowls England, Bowls Scotland, Welsh Bowling Association or Northern Ireland Bowling Association. Your country’s national sports council can tell you about individual sports’ governing bodies.
- Get advice from health professionals.