References for the CML information section
The information in the chronic myeloid leukaemia section is based on the Macmillan Cancer Support booklet, Understanding chronic myeloid leukaemia, which has been produced in accordance with the following sources and guidelines:
- Greer JP, et al. Wintrobe’s Clinical Haematology. 12th edition. 2008. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Goldman J. Recommendations for the Management of BCR-ABL-positive Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia. 2007. British Committee for Standards in Haematology.
- UpToDate. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of chronic myeloid leukaemia. (accessed September 2011).
- UpToDate. Overview of the treatment of chronic myeloid leukaemia. (accessed November 2011).
- Guidance on the use of imatinib for chronic myeloid leukaemia. Technology Appraisal Guidance 70. 2003. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
- Leukaemia (chronic myeloid) – Dastatinib, nilotinib, imatinib (intolerant, resistant) (including partial review of TA70). Final appraisal determination document. 2011. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
Guidelines are constantly being updated and those noted above may have been revised since the booklet was produced.