Clinical sources for the colon and rectal cancer information
This information on colon and rectal cancer was produced in accordance with the following sources and guidelines:
- Improving Outcomes in Colorectal Cancer: The Manual Update. June 2004. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
- Computerised tomographic colonoscopy (virtual colonoscopy) – guidance . June 2005. NICE.
- Full Guidance on the use of Irinotecan, Oxaliplatin and Raltitrexed for the Treatment of Advanced Colorectal cancer . June 2003. NICE.
- Colorectal Cancer – Laparascopic Surgery (No 17). November 2003. NICE.
- Full Guidance on the use of Capecitabine and Tegafur with Uracil for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer . May 2003. NICE.
- Management of Colorectal Cancer: A National Clinical Guideline . March 2003. Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN).
- Bevacizumab and Cetuximab for the Treatment of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer. January 2007. NICE.
- Cetuximab for the First-line Treatment of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer . August 2009. NICE.
- Capecitabine and Oxaliplatin in the Adjuvant Treatment of Stage III (Dukes’ C) Colon Cancer . April 2006. NICE.
- Preoperative high dose rate brachytherapy for rectal cancer. December 2006. NICE.
Guidelines are constantly being updated, and those noted above may have been revised since the information was produced.