Benefits and other financial support

Working age benefits

There are different types of financial help available to adults under 65 years old.

  • General information

    If your illness affects your ability to work

    You may be able to get financial help from the government if you are unable to work because of cancer.

  • General information

    Managing on a low income

    There is financial help available if you are working and have a low income.

  • General information

    Universal Credit

    Universal Credit is a payment for people who are on a low income or looking for work in England, Scotland and Wales.

  • General information

    Jobseeker's Allowance

    Jobseeker’s Allowance can give you a weekly income if you are unemployed and able to work.

  • General information

    Industrial injuries disablement benefit

    You can claim Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit if you’re ill or disabled due to your work.