If you decide to keep your business going, it is important to be realistic about what you can do. It will help to:
- know as much as possible about how cancer and its treatment could affect your work
- be realistic about your business demands and your finances.
You can get advice and information about work and business issues for free or at a low cost from the following places:
- your local council
- your local Jobcentre (in England, Scotland and Wales), or your local Social Security Office or Jobs and Benefits Office (in Northern Ireland)
- disability support organisations
- your local Law Centre
- your local Citizens Advice
- the Money Advice Service or call 0800 138 7777
- a financial adviser or your bank
- your chamber of commerce or other local business networks
- your trade union or professional association, if you belong to one
- the gov.uk website (in England, Scotland and Wales) or nidirect.gov.uk (in Northern Ireland).
If you have professional advisers, such as an accountant or a lawyer, this is a good time to ask for their guidance.