Driving after lung cancer

Lung cancer may affect your ability to drive safely. If you hold a large goods vehicle (LGV) or a passenger carrying vehicle (PCV) driving licence, you’ll need to notify the DVLA (England, Scotland and Wales) or the DVA (Northern Ireland) if you have been treated for lung cancer in the last five years.

There is more information about driving and medical conditions in England, Scotland and Wales on the Directgov website direct.gov.uk/en/motoring or you can call 0300 790 6801.

In Northern Ireland, you can get more information about licensing after cancer from the DVA licensing website at dvlni.gov.uk/dvlni.aspx or by calling 0845 402 4000.

Back to Organising

Your finances

Find information on financial matters including pensions, mortgages and insurance.