Driving after lung cancer

Lung cancer may affect your ability to drive safely. If you hold a large goods vehicle (LGV) or a passenger carrying vehicle (PCV) driving licence, you’ll need to notify the DVLA (England, Scotland and Wales) or the DVA (Northern Ireland) if you have been treated for lung cancer in the last five years.

There is more information about driving and medical conditions in England, Scotland and Wales on the Directgov website or you can call 0300 790 6801.

In Northern Ireland, you can get more information about licensing after cancer from the DVA licensing website or by calling 0845 402 4000.

Back to Managing day-to-day life

Coping with family life and work

It’s important to be realistic about what you can manage. Get help if you’re finding it hard to cope with family life and work.

Tip - asking for help

Try not to feel guilty about asking for help. Support is widely available and can make managing day-to-day life easier.

Lifestyle and diet

Eating well and getting active are positive life choices that improve your health and well-being.