Help with service charges

If you are a leaseholder, you may pay service charges on your property. These can include bills for repairs and maintenance. You might be able to get help with these charges if you claim:

To apply for help, you need to contact your local benefit office. They will ask to see details about your service charges, for example your invoices. You may also need to provide information about your lease. Not all types of service charge are covered.

If you live in Northern Ireland, contact the Northern Ireland Housing Executive for information about help with service charges.

To find out if you are eligible for help with paying your services charges, or if there are any other grants you could apply for to help with the cost, speak to a welfare rights adviser.

Back to Help with bills and housing costs

Housing Benefit

You may be able to get help with your rent payments if you have a low income.

Help with council tax or rates

Council tax reduction schemes can help people in England, Scotland and Wales to pay their council tax. In Northern Ireland, there are options to help you pay your rates bill.

Help with energy bills

There are schemes to help you manage the cost of fuel bills and to make energy-saving changes to your home.

Grants for your home

You may be able to get financial help if you need to repair, improve or adapt your home.