Below are some suggestions:
- A fried egg with bacon and a slice of fried bread.
- Scrambled eggs or an omelette with grated cheese. Add toast with lots of butter or ghee.
- An English muffin or crumpet with lots of butter and honey or jam. Then have some stewed fruit, such as prunes or apricots, with Greek or full-fat yoghurt.
- Porridge made with fortified milk, with sugar or honey added.
- Toast with lots of butter and jam, honey or peanut butter.
- Yoghurt with nuts, seeds and dried fruit, or dalia (wheat porridge) with butter.
- Cornmeal porridge and Caribbean hard-dough bread with butter.
- Minced-beef congee or assorted dumplings. Add some deep-fried peanuts.
- A whole-wheat cereal such as Weetabix®, with fortified milk and sugar. Then have toast and spread it with lots of butter and jam, peanut butter or sliced banana.
Try drinking fruit juice or a smoothie after breakfast.