If you are worried about cancer affecting your mortgage payments, taking action as early as possible is important.
If you have concerns:
- do not ignore the problem
- talk to your lender as soon as you can
- check what help you can get, from any benefits and from your lender
- get free, independent advice from our financial guides on 0808 808 00 00.
Finding a solution
The best solution for you will depend on:
- the type of mortgage you have
- your age
- your personal circumstances
- whether you can claim any extra financial support
- the amount of equity in your property.
If you are on a low income and qualify for certain benefits, you may be able to get help with your mortgage interest. It’s important to get expert guidance about your own situation. Contact us or another organisation such as Citizens Advice for more help.