Benefits and other financial support

Help with bills and housing costs

If you claim income-related Employment and Support Allowance, Income Support, income-related Jobseeker’s Allowance or Pension Credit, you might be able to get extra help with your mortgage interest payments.

  • General information

    Help with housing costs

    Housing Benefit may help you pay for rented accommodation if you are on a low income.

  • General information

    Council tax reduction

    Council Tax Support can help people in England, Scotland and Wales who are struggling to pay their council tax.

  • General information

    Adapting your home and nursing care

    You can get help to adapt your home or get special equipment to help you manage around the house.

  • General information

    Keeping warm

    There are simple changes you can make around the house to help keep your energy costs down.

  • General information

    Help with energy bills

    There are schemes to help you manage the cost of fuel bills and to make energy-saving changes to your home.