The Macmillan Social Prescribing Service supports people living with and beyond cancer to improve their wellbeing. Experienced professionals based in the community help people affected by cancer on a one-to-one basis. Advisors and patients work together to explore patients’ practical needs and personal goals, including getting back to work, becoming more active and socialising by helping them access local services, such as work and welfare advice, and activities such as walking groups, art and gardening groups.
Group supports adults, patients, carers, relatives, young adults with cancer (over 18), men, women, bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender and religious groups
- Bereavement support
- Cancer information materials
- Cancer information materials in other languages
- Complementary therapies
- Financial support
- Internet use available
- Professional counselling
- Provision for learning difficulties
- Provision for visually impaired
- Support from Health Professionals
- Telephone helpline
- Transport service
- Written resources in other languages
Please contact service for further details
Interested in joining us?
Just come along to our next meeting, or get in touch with us on the details below.
Find out more:
- Bhaveshree Chandegra on 020 8709 9736