About this event
Take to the skies in 2023 in aid of Macmillan
Frequently answered questions
What do I need to know before I sign up?
Information & restrictions:
• Minimum fundraising target per applicant: £1,500
• Minimum age 18
• The maximum weight for tandem skydiving is 15 stone (95.25kg) fully clothed and your weight must be in proportion to your height. There is no height limit
• Medical declaration must be completed
• Personal accident insurance not included
• 3rd party insurance is included but additional insurance will be required
• The jump costs will be covered for you
• Jumping on Saturday 29 April will be dependent on the weather conditions on the day
• Each jumper will be sent a ‘Letter of Agreement’ in advance of their jump, to confirm they understand that they are jumping at their own risk and that Macmillan is no way involved in the organisation of their event.
Does it cost to take part and is there a minimum fundraising pledge?The jump costs will be covered for you. Forfeit Stages for Sponsorship: Sky divers pledge to raise at least £1,500 sponsorship to be banked with Macmillan Cancer Support or on justgiving.com in the following stages:
• A minimum of £500 by 1 February 2023
• A minimum of a further £500 by 1 March 2023
• A minimum of a further £500 by 1 April 2023
How will the fundraising money be spent?All the money raised for The Macmillan Charity Raceday will be spent in the Yorkshire region. The money will be spent on Macmillan services in the Yorkshire region which could include grant to patients, allied health professionals and support workers.
Are there any other ways to support the event if I'm unable to take part?
If you are unable to take part in the Macmillan Jump of Their Lives event, then there are other ways you can still get involved.
If you would like to donate without participating in a fundraising event, there are other ways you can do so. Firstly, if you would like to make a cash donation, this can be done over the phone or by email. Please get in touch with the Supporter Events team on 020 7840 4800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
At the Macmillan Charity Raceday 2023, we will be holding a silent auction, where there will be a range of amazing prizes to be won. The silent auction will go live before the event day, with the opportunity to bid online for your favourite prizes. Keep an eye on our website to find out more information about prizes and when the auction goes live.
If you would like to donate a prize to our silent auction, please get in touch with the Supporter Events team on 020 7840 4800 or email email@example.com.
I am a corporate and want to support the fundraising
How do I support with a prize donation?
We are grateful to people who can support the event by contributing a prize. Please let us know how you can help by emailing Melanie Humphreys at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the team on 0207 8404 800.
Will there be photography at the event?