We can help with all aspects of your finances, and give you personalised support and guidance to help you plan your budget, manage your money and understand your personal finance options.
From mortgages, pensions, insurance and other financial products to helping you with budgeting and savings or writing your will, our financial guides understand how cancer can affect your finances.
When it comes to things like your mortgage repayments, insurance and pension policies and financial planning we’ll help reduce the impact cancer can have on your finances.
Our financial guides help you with financial support if you are not sure what might be best in your situation.
We cover all aspects of finance and money including:
- budgeting and financial planning
- mortgages and housing costs
- financial products such as overdrafts
- writing a will
- managing debt.
In this video: Louise, a Macmillan Financial Guide, talks about how she helps people who have been financially impacted by a cancer diagnosis.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
We are doing everything we can to make sure our support line continues to be available for much needed clinical, financial and emotional support during this difficult time. However, we have had to take the difficult decision to reduce some of our operating hours.
Our online community continues to provide invaluable emotional and peer support and here are some links to information on our website that you may find useful:
- Cancer and coronavirus - The One Cancer Voice group of charities has developed some frequently answered questions about the coronavirus.
- Financial help - If cancer makes money a worry we’re here for you. Our advisers can help if you’re finding it hard to pay the bills or cover extra costs like getting to hospital.
- Cancer types A-Z - Find out about the different types of cancer, including risk factors, symptoms, tests and treatment.
Macmillan Support Line
Our specialist Financial Guidance service is available to anyone who calls the Macmillan Support Line.
You can call the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00.
Opening hours 7 days a week, 9am to 5pm.
Other ways to get in touch
Please note that conversations with our Support Line advisers are confidential, but may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Outside the UK
If you're calling from outside of the UK you can contact us on +44 207 091 2230. We are unable to advise on healthcare systems overseas.
Deaf or hard of hearing
We also have a range of information including: