The National Cancer Registration and Analysis Service (NCRAS, formerly NCIN) annual conference is a major milestone during the year for us in the Evidence department. The conference theme for 2015 was ‘United against cancer: Nationally and internationally’ and was held in Belfast, Northern Ireland. We ensured that our presence at last year’s conference was the biggest to date. To highlight a few specific things, we:
- won five awards for our poster submissions
- chaired three sessions on Clinical Practice, Survivorship and Future challenges for cancer care
- Transitions through phases of care, from Jane Maher. The session was well received by all.
- the Cost of Cancer study, Dr Mauro Laudicella.
- the Transforming Cancer follow-up programme [PDF], delivered by Edel Aughey.
We were thrilled with how the whole event ran and are pleased to announce that for the 2016 NCIN (now NCRAS) annual conference in Manchester, we will be running a full plenary session on survivorship. It is through Macmillan’s research that we are able to push for cancer survivorship conversations to be brought to the rest of the research community in the United Kingdom.