Time to Choose terms & conditions
Please read the below carefully as it is legally binding on you. Your use of this website means you accept these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of this website.
Macmillan Cancer Support means Macmillan Cancer Support, a charity registered under number 261017 in England and Wales, in Scotland under number SC039907 and in the Isle of Man under 604. A company limited by guarantee registered under number 2400969 in England and Wales and company number 4694F in the Isle of Man with its registered offices at 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ
"You", "your" and "yours" means the person(s) accessing the Website.
"We", "us" and "our" means Macmillan Cancer Support.
"Material" means any information, data, text, graphics, links, programming code or other material published, contained or available on the Website.
“Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out below.
"Your Content" is any and all the content submitted or uploaded, including names, images, photographs, video clips, biographical information, text, marks and any other information and materials.
Changes to the Terms and ConditionsBack to top
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Please check back regularly because the amended Terms and Conditions will apply to your continued use of the Website. Certain provisions may be extended or superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the Website.
Contacting us about our Terms and ConditionsBack to top
If you are uncertain about anything in these Terms and Conditions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , or write to us at the above address.
The Website is intended for people accessing it from within the United Kingdom. We cannot guarantee the site or the information it contains complies with or is appropriate for use in other countries.
Material on the WebsiteBack to top
Material on the Website is provided “as is” and for information purposes only. It is not intended to constitute professional advice. Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the Website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability. We may make changes to the Material on the Website at any time without notice. We and any third parties referred to on the Website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the Website.
You guarantee that Your Content:
- does not infringe any copyright, trade marks, rights of privacy/confidentiality, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity;
- does not contain any information about any other person(s) unless you have their permission and for person(s) under the age of 16 unless you are either their parent or legal guardian, or have signed permission from their parent or legal guardian;
- does not contain malicious code, viruses or other harmful programmes or material;
- does not violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation; and
- meets our Content Standards (see below).
You guarantee that where you have uploaded a photograph that you are the person depicted in that image and you will not upload an image of anyone else or one that contains logos, links or references to other websites.
You grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, non exclusive licence to use Your Content on the Website, and subject to your permission for any other uses as we may require in any and all media. This includes, without limitation, the right to sub-license to third parties via any and all media (whether existing now or invented in the future).
You agree Your Content must be accurate where it states facts and be genuinely held where it states opinions.
You agree Your Content must not:
- contain any material which constitutes or encourages conduct that could be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law;
- contain any material which is defamatory;
- contain any material which is obscene or offensive;
- infringe any copyright, database rights, trade mark or other intellectual property right or other right of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or obligation of confidentiality;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be likely to disrupt our service in any way;
- give the impression it emanates from us where this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act, for example copyright, trade mark infringement, or computer misuse.
The Website will be reactively moderated and we reserve the right to reject, block, suspend or remove Your Content at any time at our sole discretion. We in no way guarantee that Your Content or any part of it will be displayed on the Website. Any content is published at our discretion.
Your Personal InformationBack to top
Posting personal information on the Website means your information is publicly accessible. We strongly recommend that you avoid disclosing detailed personal information that could be used to identify you (such as name, age, address, or name of employer).
If you upload a photograph to the site we may use this as part of our election campaign materials. If you do not want your photograph information to be used by Macmillan or publicly accessible – do not upload it to the site.
Whilst we try to ensure that the Website is available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
Neither we, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Website, will be liable for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party including without limitation any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, whether in tort, contract or otherwise (including without limitation negligence) in connection with: your use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites; or any amount or kind of loss or damage including without limitation any loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data, or other property on account of your access to, use of the Website.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute arising from these Terms and Conditions or your use of the Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.