Each person’s experience of the last few days of life will be different. It can be difficult to predict exactly what will happen or how quickly changes will occur. Usually, you’ll gradually become very weak and have very little energy, but sometimes changes will happen more quickly. You may:
- find it difficult to move around and need help getting from your bed to a chair
- need to spend most, or all, of the day in bed
- lose interest in eating
- sleep a lot and feel drowsy when you’re awake
- feel disorientated and unsure whether you’re dreaming
- dream about people who aren’t there or that you knew in the past - your mind may bring up old memories
- lose interest in your surroundings and even your close family.