One practical way of coping with hair loss is to wear a wig or hairpiece. There are many different styles and colours to choose from, and they are very natural-looking and comfortable to wear.
Choosing a wig before your hair falls out means you can match the style and colour to your own hair and get used to wearing it. You will also have a wig ready in case your hair falls out faster than you expected. There is much less choice for men as it is difficult to make a man’s short hair wig look natural around the hairline. Slightly longer hair styles can work better.
Benefits of wearing a wig
- You look and feel more like yourself.
- You only need to tell close friends and family if you want to.
- You can experiment with different colours and styles.
- You are more in control of how you look.
- It may help you to feel more confident.
- Synthetic wigs require very little styling each morning (human hair wigs can take the same time or longer).