Could you qualify for free home insulation?
As part of a Government scheme called the Energy Companies Obligation (The ECO Scheme) Macmillan and npower are working together to provide free, or subsidised, energy saving improvements to your house - such as wall or loft insulation, or a more efficient boiler.
How to find out if you qualify for free insulation
Two eligibility criteria are:
- Are your walls or loft currently uninsulated?
- Do you or does a member of your household receive one or a combination of certain benefits?
If you answered yes to both of the above questions, then you could be eligible to benefit, saving you money on your bills and making your home warmer.
- Phone our Macmillan Support Line free* on 0808 808 00 00 (Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm) and ask to speak with our Energy Advice team.
- Or, visit npower’s website and follow the steps to find out if you qualify.
What we need to know from you
- If you call the Macmillan Support Line free* on 0808 808 00 00 (Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm we will ask you a few questions to see if you could qualify. It only takes a few minutes.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, we will refer you to npower, who will arrange a free assessment visit at your home, and then a technical survey to get all the information required for the installation.
- You decide if you want to take up the offer, and you don’t need to be an npower customer.
- You will be given a named point of contact at npower to oversee your installation from start to finish.
- If at any point you have any further questions for Macmillan, please call the Macmillan Support Line number and ask to speak with the Energy Advice Team.
Money saving energy advice
Did you know that up to 35%** of your home’s heat can escape from an uninsulated home just through the walls? That’s energy that you’re paying for being wasted. If your home feels cold it may be because it’s not properly insulated.
It’s important to make sure your boiler’s running efficiently too. Older boilers can be inefficient and cost a lot to run. A new efficient boiler can save you money.
Terms and conditions
Eligibility criteria apply. Offer available to mainland Great Britain only. Subject to survey, availability and changes to government legislation. Actual savings are dependent upon occupancy patterns and individual behaviour and circumstances.
npower is a registered trademark and the trading name of Npower Northern Limited (Registered No. 3432100). Registered in England and Wales. Registered Office: Windmill Hill Business Park, Whitehill Way, Swindon SN5 6PB.
* See information about calling our Support Line from a mobile.
** Energy Saving Trust (2013).