APPGC - Cancer Across the Domains
Cancer across the Domains report launched
At the Britain Against Cancer 2013 conference on Tuesday 10 December, John Baron MP, Chair of the All Parliamentary Group on Cancer, launched the Group's new report Cancer across the Domains.
Download the report [PDF]
The report makes a number of recommendations to NHS England on how to improve cancer care and services across the new NHS structure.
On Thursday 13 February 2014, a debate was hosted in the House of Commons on the recommendations of this report. Find out what happened.
About the Domains
NHS England, the new body responsible for overseeing NHS services is divided into five ‘Domains’. These include:
- Preventing people dying prematurely
- Enhancing quality of life for people with long term conditions
- Helping people to recover from episodes of ill health or injury
- Ensuring that people have a positive experience of care
- Treating and caring for people in a safe environment
The APPGC has been investigating what needs to be done to ensure that cancer is embedded across all five of these Domains. This is founded in the belief that all Domains have a role to play in improving the outcomes and experiences of cancer patients.
Find out more about the APPGC and our members
More information for parliamentarians and decision-makers