Singer Katherine Jenkins shares her recipe for hitting the right note if you’re hosting or helping out at a Coffee Morning.
'Start your Coffee Morning with one of these mouth watering blueberry muffins and you’ll be berry happy indeed'
- Preheat the oven to 150°C, 300°F, gas mark 2.
- Line a muffin tray with 10 muffin papers.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the sunflower spread, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat well until smooth.
- Stir in the blueberries and spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool, remove from the tin and dust with icing sugar.
Ingredients (Serves 10)
- 110g (4oz) half-fat sunflower spread
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150ml (1/4 pint) semi skimmed milk
- 1 tsp of natural vanilla extract
- 300g (10½oz) plain white flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 110g (4oz) fresh blueberries icing sugar, for decoration