What's it all for?
You can find out a lot more about the work that Macmillan does and the difference you'll be helping us to make, by reading more about Macmillan . As well as understanding how your participation will make a difference, learning more about Macmillan will help you spread the word about the work we do.
It's great when you're able to tell your sponsors why their support is important and the difference their donation could make. Every donation, no matter how small, helps us support people living with cancer:
£10 could pay for 20 copies of The cancer guide . This Macmillan booklet can help somebody recently diagnosed with cancer, and their families, to understand cancer, its treatment and the help available
- £24 could pay for a Macmillan physiotherapist for an hour
- £68 could run a typical small Macmillan Information and Support Centre for an hour
- £100 could enable the Macmillan Benefits Helpline to help people affected by cancer to claim £2,691 in benefits to which they are entitled
- £156 could run our Cancerline for an hour providing, on average, 13 people affected by cancer with essential information and support. In peak hours the Cancerline receives, on average, 76 calls per hour.
- £918 could fund a Macmillan Nurse for a working week.